Thursday 15 October 2015

Skills Audit

Creativity
Through out media studies (From AS to current A2), my creativity level has gone up by a lot. before our opening intro, I usually wouldn't express my ideas or creativity because sometimes I fear that people would go against and trying to be a norm was the objective. Having control of most of my coursework in AS allowed me to express and share most of my ideas to the group and thinking "outside the box". I learnt that you should "Just Do it" because you never where your thoughts would end up like. The outcome can be very positive, but then it could be negative. However, I didn't receive any negativity just suggestions from my teammates so we can all come to an agreement. From what I've obtained from the opening intro, I was able to conceive more ideas for our music video that is in the making. If you believe in your ideas, there's no right or wrong to it. This has also lead me to solving problems in more creative mindset.

Technical
On the technology side of things, my skills were mostly acquired from our opening intro in AS Media. Being able to hold on to the camera, I was able to understand and learn different camera angles.Not only that, I was able to understand and master editing software such as After Effects and Premier Pro and use them to edit our scenes. Learning from tutorials on youtube, I also learnt some skills myself while using the software to edit the opening credits. These skills will be applied to our A2 coursework which will give us a better start. In the mean time, I will also try to experiment with more camera angles and editing camera to gives a better media product.

Organisation
It could be said the my organisation was appalling from the beginning of half term. My organisation skills has heavily improved. By having passion for this media studies, it had allowed me to work under a short period of time. Our Dead Alive opening intro was sent within the deadline.

Persistence
Jumping IGCSE to A levels was huge and a levels had led me to many obstacles and problems. In media Studies, I made most of the decisions in the group, but my teammates were still feeding ideas to me. When we made our first rough cut, we all had mixed feelings about it because it didn't suit all of our needs. The idea of  a "home invasion" was scrapped. We then talked to each other and we all generated different ideas. Eventually we were able to come together and agree on the new genre, that was the post apocalyptic theme. What I've learnt from this was to understand that there will be obstacles and setbacks, then prepare for them. Nothing important was accomplished without the problems and difficulties that came along the way. That's how we ended up with Dead Alive, the best decision we've throughout the year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment